Sunday, December 13, 2020

A Saturday Night in Elysian Fields




It begins with a glance,

Subtle, inviting

The slight crook in your smile,

Something only I would notice,

Your shoulder dips,

advancing, you rise to meet me

Friction, heat, a smoldering  

A flash in the distance brings the rolling thunder

Heralding the terrible beauty of lightning.


I am no longer a breath

And you are the blurred image 

Of a Gallic Goddess.

Flesh and bone are sacrificed

As we undulate, ebbing across the void.

Nature’s Force,

The Gale winds of Northern Seas,

The Eastern Tsunamis turning land to ocean depths,

The space between us churns,

I rise

You fall

we ignite like so many dying stars

Throughout the abyss of space and time,

Then a silent sigh, barely audible, 

A tribute to Creation and Destruction.


We are once again Man and Woman

 I am left grasping for words to express

The divinity our mortal eyes witnessed,

Despite much effort,

I am left with shadows of though

Which pales in comparison 

to boundless joy and cosmic splendor

We have shared.


No comments:

Post a Comment