Sunday, December 13, 2020

Inferno



These days run strange

like a constant de javu’

End to beginning and beginning to end

Playing with subtitles in my subconscious

As I stumble through, trying to remember

How the scenes played out before,

Knowing I have already traversed these paths

watching time and understanding

Stream through my grasping fingers.

One day to the next and the next the day before,

over and over like a bad case of contrapasso

and i can not do anything but gnaw on the head

of my best friend who betrayed me in life


Oh what Life

if only I had repented, 

one sweet word would have done the trick

but my soul has traveled so far from redemption

The word holds little meaning

And what it promised only a memory

and the resentment which tormented my every waking moment

has become a looping nightmare in the afterlife

Action, consequence, regret.

Again and again, over and over

my eternity; reliving the sins I committed

and would not ask repentance for.

I know the score,

Future and past stretch out before me

In seeming infinite measures.

the last days will come

And the rumor is that I will be blind

no sight for either my past

or that which is yet to come

I gaze forward to nothing

and know that it approaches one regretful footfall after another,

Once the World has been harrowed

I will remain, I know and understand

I look only forward

and await the day I cannot look at all.

Such is the life I lived

and such the rewards I will reap.


No comments:

Post a Comment